Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

Rants and rambles 1

People think that it's a choice between brains and boobs. That you can either be girly. Or be geeky. You can't be both. That's just bullshit. I've been called a wannabe nerd way too many times to count just cause I couldn't quote the books I said I was obsessed with. Well excuse you Bitch, I don't have great memory. Doesn't make me any less of a fan. It's annoying. Being discriminated against in a community that was formed of people that hated being discriminated against. They just do the same thing that was done to them. Your geek factor isn't determined by how many scifi movies you've watched or how many video games you've played. You can't say that someone is a better fan for being able to quote the book, show or movie more than someone else. It's stupid. Everyone is different. Doesn't mean that they love it any less. I can be a girly girl and put on makeup and pretty dresses. And still be a geek. I wear my glasses cause I need them. Not cause I'm a poser. It's something that just pisses me off. Being considered a faker and a wannabe just cause I have other interests as well as the normal geeky ones . I don't have to fit into some dumb stereotype to be a geek. Maybe then I don't want to be a geek. I'd rather be a person.. With various interests. Scifi and fantasy but at the same time shoes and hair and accessories. Simply me. My personality, scratch that, everybody's personality is different. Everyone is different. Judging someone because they have different interests than you is like hating on someone who likes pizza just cause you like pasta better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment